Part of the Women 1st campaign and now in their 11th year, the Shine Awards are the only awards that celebrate the unique skills and contribution that women, and those who support their career progression, bring to the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industry.
The shortlist for the 2016 Shine Awards is as follows:
- Daniela Iannelli - Hilton Worldwide
- Irene Forte - Rocco Forte Hotels
- Lauren Neal - McDonald's Restaurants Ltd
- Ruth Hansom - The Ritz Hotel
- Sarah Downes - Whitbread plc
Innovator of the Year
- Alison Lessmann - En Route International
- Emma Langford - Lexington
- Maria Bobrowska - TUI Group
Best Initiative to Retain and Develop Women
- Project “Amazon” - Whitbread Plc.
- The Aspiring Women Conference - Corbin & King
- Women in Leadership Initiative - Rezidor Hotels UK
Mentor of the Year
- Gareth Billington - Everton Football Club, Sodexo
- Gordon Mutton - Merlin Entertainments
- Kristen Henderson - Lakefield
- Sally Hughes - Rezidor Hotels UK
Best Place for Women to Work
- Brooklands Hotel
- C&M Travel Recruitment
- Unilever Food Solutions
Woman of the Year
- Chantelle Nicholson - Marcus Wareing Restaurants
- Debrah Dhugga - DUKES Collection
- Julia Edmonds – Lexington
- Sally Beck - Lancaster Hotel
The winners of the Ambassador of the Year award and the Robyn Jones Lifetime Achievement Award will be announced at the Shine Awards dinner on 3 October.
Tickets now on sale!
The winners of the 2016 Shine Awards will be revealed at a black-tie dinner at 8 Northumberland Avenue, Central London on 3 October 2016, hosted in partnership with The Caterer.
It promises to be a fantastic evening with fabulous food and drink, great company and plenty of reasons to celebrate! If you're passionate about making the most of female talent in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industry, it's a must-attend event.